he following steps can be used to install and use a VNC server on a Ubuntu VPS.
Log into your VPS with SSH, then enter the following commands:
- apt-get update
- apt-get upgrade
- apt-get install ubuntu-desktop
- apt-get install tightvncserver
- apt-get install nano
- vncserver (type desired vnc password, then again)
- vncserver -kill :1
- mkdir /root/.ssh
- cd /root/.ssh
- nano xstartup (arrow key down to new line at bottom)
- "gnome-session &" (without the quotes)
Then hit ctrl+o, Enter, ctrl+x, followed by:
Open your VNC client, enter your VPS IP, use port 5901, type the password you used. Done.